Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Is it okay to yell at other people's children?


The answer is absolutely not! Well in most circumstances. I NEVER thought I'd ever go through this in my life but today it happened. An ugly (and I mean on the inside) woman took it upon herself to yell at my son at a community splash park. This is a place where children are running around everywhere. About 10 minutes before this incident we had arrived and I just got through spraying sunscreen on all of my kids. My children had went to play and my oldest son had gotten water in his eye which also was mixed in with sunscreen and if anyone knows what that feels like (I know I do) it stings. While running with his eyes closed he ran into another child. On complete accident. The boy fell to the ground, hit his head and my son said he was sorry. Now let's explain my oldest son. He's afraid of bugs, he doesn't like to get dirty and he lets his 3 year old brother beat him up all the time. He wouldn't intentionally hurt a fly let alone a stranger kid. The child's mother got up and yelled at my son so badly that he was hysterical for about 30 minutes. She emotionally abused my child at a place where he's suppose to be having fun. Well the un-confrontational person that I am was ticked off. I went over and explained that it was unnecessary to yell at my child and that he was unable to even see. Well her chihuahua guard dog of a friend decided to step in. I let them both know it didn't matter, it was an accident and do not yell at my child again. 10 minutes later they left. I feel like this woman should only be so lucky that it was me that she dealt with and not another mother who would've probably taken it to another level. I had several different mothers come up to me and tell me what she had done was wrong and these are children and what they saw it was a complete accident. I am still pretty upset. I keep looking at my son and telling him how much I love him because I don't want what happened today to remain in his memory. He is loved and unfortunately he had to see the ugliness of some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment