Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mother/Daughter Day in NYC

I finally was able to take Hannie to New York City. She has been begging me for months and now I felt comfortable enough take her around. What a better weekend than Memorial Weekend. We took the Metro North from New Haven to Grand Central Station. It takes about 2 hours. She was anxious with every single stop. How much longer mom?? is what I heard most of the way. It's okay though because I had that same excitement my first time to the city.
Here is Hannie on the Metro North. We got up early.

We had made it to our destination. Grand Central Station.

Look we're in Times Square!!

Where they happened to be filming for Sand Masters

And then she got a free Travel Channel Bag. She rocked it!

We went and sat on the Ruby Red Stairs

Then we went to my favorite store M&M!!

Hannie went on her first subway ride to Little Italy for lunch

We ate at Rudy's Pizzeria. Yummy. I wish I had gotten a picture of my broccoli and mushroom pizza.

But!! Hannie and I had our first Cannoli!!!

Then back on the subway because Hannie's in for a surprise....

Our next stop was American Girl Place!!!!

And then she took pictures with her favorite new doll Kanani

She got a couple new accessories for her doll and we hit up Jamba Juice (OMG haven't been to one since living in Hawaii)

She wanted to share with the Statue of Liberty

We hit up Rockefeller & Hannie totally wants to meet Al but next time baby!

We took a rest on the steps of Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church

We decided it was time to start heading home. We got to ride on a new train. It was pretty nice.

She snoozed the whole way home.


We are going back in October for Hannie's Golden Birthday!! Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment